3.02.2012

Happy Birthday Dr.Seuss



Dr. Dr. Seuss,

Thank you so much for the work you did while you lived on this earth.  You have greatly enriched my life and your books are a staple in my home.  My kids were home sick one day this week and I have been down with sickness and back pain as well.  I was laying in bed when I heard my eight year old say to my six year old.  "Let's read this book -- it is a good one."  I then heard her start reading him The Lorax.  I quickly got up and grabbed my camera because it was one of those moments in time as a mother that I didn't want to forget.  I almost wanted to cry thinking about how I love your books and now my children do too.  After reading The Lorax we grabbed our favorite Wacky Wednesday and they enjoyed looking and reading the wackiness.

I rotate all my children's books so that we don't read the same ones each month, but your books are never in the rotation.  They have their own place where we will use them as often as possible.  I enjoy the deeper meaning in almost all of your stories and my children learn so much from the rhyming and rhythm.  Your philosophy is beautiful and will continue on forever because you were who you were.  I cannot tell you how grateful I am for the work that you did.  All I can say is you have a special place in our home and always will.

Thank you Dr. Seuss,

Laura

4 comments:

  1. We LOVE Dr. Seuss too! What a talented man! I have yet to read the Lorax, actually- but I hear it is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I "liked" the picture on Facebook, but I love it even more knowing the story behind it. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!! Thank you so much for this great site! I preschool teacher. I have a blog related to the pre-school activities. If you visit will be very happy.

    http://birdunyazeynep.blogspot.com/

    I’II be very happy if you follow me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you blogging again, Laura. How are you, my dear? I've been thinking of writing to you for a long time now but got stuck in travel and all the crazy schedules in between.
    I hope you enjoyed the blog break - reflecting, reconnecting...

    I cannot agree more with you on Dr. Seuss books! They are a treasure.
    And that photo of your son and daughter - it's priceless. So adorable....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks so much. Feel free to leave your blog or email info so I can get back to you.