4.18.2011

Dirty Windows?

My front room window tends to always be dirty.  The kids love to sit and look out the window especially waiting for my older child to get on and off the bus.  I feel like I have to clean the windows daily.
It was hard to show how dirty my windows always are.
For this reason, I love Crayola window crayons.  They are vibrant bright and loads of fun.  We have also bought the window markers, but I prefer the crayons.  When my windows get really dirty and it is over time for a clean, I get out our window crayons and hand them to a child.  Then a day later we have a window that really is in need of a clean.  
I first let the two year old go at it
What is she learning as she watches the crayon make the marks?  I am sure lots!
It is hard to give a child a large canvas to color on.  This is perfect for that!
My five year old caught on a few minutes later and drew one of his awesome people/creatures
My 7 year old got home from school and in her literal personality wrote a bunch of things all over
I asked my kids what they wanted to do when their grandma comes for a visit next week.  Ally needed to write it all on the window.
They never want to go to bed, but I guess that is something they thought they would have to do when grandma comes.
Homage to the bus driver!
Yes this activity will make your windows a bigger mess
But to me it is a better looking mess than smudges!

5 comments:

  1. :) Always better to make a BIG mess before actually cleaning up! Makes it seem like you're cleaning it for a reason then. Do you get the kids involved in cleaning the window off then? My son would love to help out!

    Thanks for linking this up to It's Playtime this week! I'm gonna have to look into getting some window crayons I think!

    Jamie @ hands on : as we grow

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this idea, and I'm quite sure my kids would too! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday, I hope to see you again soon, and nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea!! I have never thought to let my munchkin enjoy a window canvas....very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fun! I have a glass sliding door that would be great for this, thanks for sharing. Also thanks for linking up to my party.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks so much. Feel free to leave your blog or email info so I can get back to you.